November 10, 2020
Adding a new menu item and menu file maintence is one of the easiest things to do within Focus POS. If you have any questions or need assistance, please do not hesitate to call our office at 505-293-7551.
To add a menu item, head to the Backoffice section of the Focus POS. On the top tool bar, press Menu > Menu Items.
The 1-7 sections to adding a menu item will walk you through adding your new menu item.
- Find a menu item similar to the one you’re planning adding.
When you highlight a menu item, the added item will inherit ALL programming except Menu Name.
- After highlighting the item, press ADD.
- Menu Name will be blank. Fill in the menu name and press tab to automatically fill all Name fields. *Name fields can be unique to every destination they represent*
Menu Item – Fill in Price #1.
Modifier – Fill in Price Mod.
- Attach any modifier canvases onto the item if required. The modifiers will be inherited from the item first selected. (Example: Highlighting a burger will give you Meat Temp / Add-Ons)
- Check item is in the correct Report Group and Printer Group (Printer Destination)
- Select or deselect any options the menu item requires.
Last step is to assign the menu item a destination. For an automatic canvas, select AUTO CANVAS on the top bar and check mark which canvas the menu item belongs. For a manual canvas, go into CANVASES in the main back office section.
Once completed, press SAVE.
For more in depth information, please refer to the Focus POS manual.
November 5, 2020
POS Emergency? Call New Mexico POS at 505-293-7551
Focus is already running prompt / Focus not launching
- In most cases, Focus is open already and hiding in the taskbar. In the lower left hand corner (by the Time Clock), press the upwards arrow to show hidden icons, and press the Focus POS icon (orange F).
- Reboot the terminal in Windows by pressing Start > Power > Restart. Focus POS should begin loading with Windows OS.
- Double Tap the Focus POS icon on Windows Desktop.
- Contact New Mexico POS at 505-293-7551
Primary Path Cannot Be Found Error
This error occurs when the Main Computer / Server named Focus cannot be found on the network.
If Message is on ALL terminals:
- Check that the Focus terminal is turned ON and connected to the network. (If a red X or a world icon is appearing in the bottom left corner, check the ethernet cord is plugged in securely to the computer.)
- Verify any network switches connected to the Focus terminal are powered on and connected properly.
- Reboot the terminal Focus.
- Call New Mexico POS at 505-293-7551.
If Message appears on one / multiple terminals but not ALL:
- Check ethernet connection to terminals displaying error from (network switch / wall outlet ) and to (ethernet connection into computer).
- Verify switches computers are plugged into are powered ON and are flashing green / orange lights.
- Call New Mexico POS at 505-293-7551.
Backup Path Cannot Be Found Error
- Check that the Backup terminal is turned ON and connected to the network. (If a red X or a world icon is appearing in the bottom left corner, check the ethernet cord is plugged in securely to the computer.)
- Verify any network switches connected to the Backup terminal are powered on and connected properly.
- Reboot the terminal Backup.
- Call New Mexico POS at 505-293-7551.
Green Bar Appearing At Bottom of Screen
The green bar indicates the operating terminals cannot see the Credit Card Processing station.
- Verify the credit card processing station or all terminals are powered
- Verify all terminals are running the Focus POS program
Red Bar Appearing At Bottom of Screen
The red bar indicates the Focus terminal cannot see or back data up properly to the Backup terminal.
- Verify the Backup Terminal is powered on and running the Focus POS software.
- Verify the Backup Terminal is connected to the network.
Credit Cards Not Processing (Via Swipe)
Note: This will not work for EMV
Check the internet connection by pressing going to the Log In screen and pressing the time clock in the right hand corner. The About screen will appear and press the tab labelled “Internet”. Press PING at the bottom left of the screen.
..if [ REPLY FROM 172.2171.196 BYTES=32 TIME=42MS TTL=44] (Credit Card Station)
- Check Credit Card Processing station is turned on and running Focus POS program on screen.
- Check Credit Card Processing station is connected to the network.
- Reboot Credit Card Processing station.
..if [REPLY FROM 22.214.171.124 NO RESPONSE] (Internet down)
- Log into Focus POS and navigate to the PAYMENTS screen.
- Press the button labelled OFFLINE.
- Upon the next screen press OFFLINE.
- A message will appear “Credit Card Authorization will go offline. Continue?” Press YES
The national trend of merchants passing on their credit card fees continues to accelerate, aided last week by a federal court striking down Texas’s “no-surcharge” law as unconstitutional.
The Texas ruling follows the defeat of no-surcharge laws in Florida and California, but it is a unique milestone: Texas is the first state in which a surcharge ban that was previously upheld has now been struck down under last year’s Supreme Court precedent in Expressions Hair Design.
Now businesses in all states can benefit from including the merchant service fees on transactions. What can you do with an additional four or five percent on your bottom line?
NM-POS can set up all of our products to collect electronic funding fees automatically. Unfortunately First Data Corp.’s Clover Unit removed this ability from their App putting their merchants in the hole regarding this ruling.
A recent analysis by industry experts confirms, “When cardholders bear the cost of their own rewards, they are motivated to choose a lower-cost option.”
VIVA la Merchants and Free Speech!
April 27, 2018
Our flagship product, Focus POS, has introduced a Wait List feature in their newest point of sale software version 18.3.8. This built from the ground up feature can have your host/hostesses retain valuable information such as party size, preferred table type, seating location, custom special notes, time quotes, and much more! This function can be utilized by any staff member at any station, including iPad / Tablet point of sale workstations!
To make it even better, this feature comes with the stock software with no additional costs!
Contact New Mexico POS to schedule a demo today!
November 16, 2017
Staying at the forefront and providing New Mexico restaurateurs the best products in the point-of-sale industry, New Mexico POS is proud to announce the addition of QSR Automation Systems exCeed kitchen video automation product line. QSR products are installed in over 70,000 restaurants world wide. Unquestionably the kitchen automation heavyweight, QSR ConnectSmart Kitchen solution will make your kitchen more efficient, provide higher quality food production and increase your bottom line by providing a superior customer experience at your restaurant.
NM-POS has a demo system in our showroom. Schedule a demonstration and see how QSR Automation can move your kitchen up the professional ladder to super stardom.
November 15, 2017
Focus POS is brilliant software. It is brilliant in it’s simplicity and it is this simplicity that makes Focus POS the most reliable point-of-sale system in the industry.
First, Focus POS has no Microsoft Windows installation. It is one folder residing in the root directory of the hard drive and has one executable program. Simple!
Second, Focus POS has no Window’s VXDs, DLLs or any other complexity and Focus POS never touches the Windows operating system. Brilliant!
Third, Focus POS is logical. Installation after installation servers, bartenders and managers tell us Focus POS is the easiest and best point-of-sale system they have ever used. Our twenty years of installation experience insure owner operators painless trouble free POS investment. As a tech, Focus POS is a snap without stress.
I could go on and on about how good Focus POS is to a tech. Here is the bottom line; Focus POS runs like a tank. Day in day out, weekly, monthly, yearly for decades Focus POS runs. That’s what I like about Focus POS as a tech.
Focus POS has set a new standard of value in the restaurant POS industry. Performance and features cheesy cloud tablet systems can’t touch. Full size 15″ color touch POS workstation that includes: touch screen, mag card reader, printer and the best software in the industry ‘Focus POS’. All this for under two thousand dollars and no hideous monthly usage fees. Couple this with New Mexico POS providing all system database programming. installation and our outstanding full year of on-site warranty service and full year free system support. THERE IS NO BETTER VALUE IN NEW MEXICO FOR A POS SYSTEM!
This is exciting – call for a demo today and see why Focus Byte technology is the best value in the Point of sale industry.
Don @ 505-293-7551
Restaurant owners establish rules and regulations for the performance of their staff. Rules that enforce performance which directly affect their customer’s dining experience and regulations that control behavior within the service team to produce a cohesive, productive and beneficial workforce for everyone in the restaurant. Focus POS has advanced features that control the guest check, production of food and beverage then insures accurate payment controls for payment. Focus POS can’t stop a waitress from bathing in perfume and fouling the air when serving tables, only management can do that.
Point is; the point-of-sale system has it’s job to do and management has their job to do. Both can be weak or strong. New Mexico POS provides the strongest point-of-sale system in the industry, ‘Focus POS’. Since 1997 Focus POS has produced the most reliable system in the industry and through the years has continually enhanced it to produce the most feature rich product available.
Over the last five years more than two hundred cloud and non-cloud restaurant POS systems have been introduced on iPad, Android and other weak kneed platforms. All vying for your point-of-sale dollars. Hideous reliability, hideous feature sets and in all reality much more expensive and less value than Focus POS.
Stop fouling the air with cheesy unreliable point-of-sale systems. Focus POS has got your back. Quality and reliability day in and day out, year after year.
What an incredible solution for point-of-sale. Imagine a 10″ true-flat screen color touch ePOS workstation that starts instantly, has no complicated Windows Operating System, never slows down in speed and provides simple inventory for up to 50,000 items without an expensive PC software! The incredible Uniwell HX-1500 is the long-term solution retailers and restaurateurs can count on day in and day out, year in and out. Reliable performance and easy setup are the hallmark of the HX-1500. Best of all the Uniwell HX-1500 is not a cloud based iPad system with expensive monthly fees. You own your system and data.
Check out the impressive features:
- 50000 PLU/SKU items with up to nine price levels and inventory.
- 10,000 Customer records for loyalty, local gift card, charge posting or delivery.
- Supports up to 20 Uniwell Phoenix tableside Android tablet order entry devices.
- Traditional kitchen printers and kitchen video system interface for efficiency.
- Employee time and attendance.
- Scanning with age verification.
- So much more….
The Uniwell HX-1500 is an asset that will provide a long-term investment for your business year, after year, after year after year.
Check out the Uniwell HX series at the link below and call New Mexico POS at 505-293-7551 for a demo.
October 28, 2016
One of the most common problems and an area of revenue losses in any restaurant is when staff does not ring beverages into the POS system. It’s an easy thing to forget, especially with a full house, a busy server, and in some instances, with a cashier taking payment. Soft beverages from syrup concentrate can be thought of as a low cost perishable but when ignored, can be a high cost lost of revenue over time. Every restaurateur should have a feature embedded into their business’ POS system to ask, or even better, require a beverage before the check can be tendered.
While the food service industry does not maintain statistics on error or theft, the issue is very real for any restaurant owner. A 2004 Nation Restaurant Association survey stated theft represented on average 4% of a restaurant’s total food costs. And in comparison, a 2010 survey by the University of Florida reported over $36 billion (dollars) are lost due to theft and error. With these alarming numbers, it’s apparent that restaurateurs are battling to keep their assets protected and are in need of tools to control and track to their benefit.
Luckily, Focus POS has an unique stock feature; forcing staff to ring in a beverage for every entree rung in, even if it’s a zero cost item such as water. When programming, New Mexico POS will flag any major entree or dish that the owner thinks would require a beverage to match. Such as, an appetizer would not require a beverage but the major entrees behind it would. This feature can also be matched with any alcoholic beverage that requires a mixer. For example, staff would pick their cocktail, vodka, and then the mixer, ensuring the up-charge is always added.
This feature included with the other great features in Focus POS, New Mexico POS will program a custom database, tailored to fit your business.